Current cancellations due to Coronavirus
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Although we are unable to assemble together, I encourage you to continue to participate in the parish life of St. John Paul the Great Parish by watching Mass from home and making a Spiritual Communion, so that we may unite ourselves to those suffering from the coronavirus, as well as those who do not normally get to receive frequent Communion around the world.
- All activities at the church are canceled until further notice.
- All Masses and Services can be accessed by going to “VIRTUAL CHURCH” on our parish website. Please note: Our Facebook link is live and the YouTube link is a recorded video.
- Confessions: Archbishop Leonard P. Blair has directed that publicly scheduled confessions be suspended until further notice.
- ONLY St. Peter Church will be open daily from 9:00am-6:00pm for private worship during this time frame.
- St. John Paul the Great Academy is closed and all activities sponsored by or held at the school are canceled. The Archdiocese of Hartford will continue to follow the decisions made by the state of Connecticut for its public schools, which currently remain closed.
- Meals at Kevin's Place will be bagged lunch take-outs only from 1:00-1:30pm on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month at the front entrance of St. Peter Church hall. We appreciate your understanding and will keep you updated.
Let us all use this isolation time to intensify our prayer life and trust in God for a cure and a lasting solution to this pandemic.
God Bless you,
Father Emmanuel, Pastor