Religious Education Registration
Registrations for our program can be found under resources. To expedite the process, please complete them in their entirety.
Print and fill OUT forms: return via mail, email, drop off in our drop slot at the Pastoral Center, and drop off at the collection at Mass.
In-person @ St. John Paul Pastoral Center 160 Main Street. Between City Hall and St. Francis Church. Parking is in the back, and the entrance is through the back porch of the building.
- Tuesday, September 20, 6:00-8:0pm
- Saturday, September 24, 9:00-11:00am
- Sunday, September 25, 8:00 am-1:00pm
Our online registration is being worked on at this time. If we can effectively fix the platform, we will notify families. Again, check in regularly as information is constantly being updated.
Registration for 2022-2023 is due by Sunday, October 16. Registrations after this date will incur a $15.00 late fee and depend on availability in our classrooms. Our goal is to never leave a child out of the programs; however, due to limited space and teachers, we have limitations with enrollment.
We welcome and are delighted to accept all students; however, no walk-ins will be accepted on the first day of class. Students need to have been pre-registered and assigned to a class list to attend the first day of class—no exceptions to this rule.
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2022-2023 YEAR HAS CLOSED.
What Must be Returned with Registration
- Registration Form (pages 1-3) *NOTE* If you have multiple children and the information from sections 2, 3, & 5 is different for each child, pages 1 and 3 must be completed separately for each child who has different information. Our ONLINE registration forms are not currently up. If we can get the platform fixed with minimal cost, I will notify everyone. It’s actively being evaluated.
- Birth Certificate (NEW STUDENTS ONLY)
- Baptism Certificates (NEW STUDENTS ONLY) If the student is NEW to the program, and if baptized outside of St. Peter, St. Francis, St. Mary, or Sacred Heart, a COPY of their Baptismal Certificate will be necessary with the registration).
- Religious Education letter: If the student has attended previous Religious Education in another parish, please bring a letter from the program director indicating the student's attendance and preparation before entering our program.
- Parental/Guardian Commitment (ALL FAMILIES, NEW AND RETURNING)
- Family Parish Involvement Forms (ALL FAMILIES, NEW AND RETURNING)
- Census Form (NEW FAMILIES/NEW STUDENTS)
The 2022-2023 tuition will be $40.00 per child in grades K-8th. Confirmation students are $75.00 (no change from prior years). Additional Sacramental tuition applies to First Holy Communion & Confirmation students, payable in the spring of 2023. This fee is only for students receiving Sacraments in 2023.
You can pay by CASH or CHECK. Checks payable to St. John Paul the Great with your child’s name on the memo section of the check.
Religious Education fees are to cover the cost of books and education material. If you have difficulty paying the fee, please discuss it with me. All children are welcome and will not be kept from admission due to the inability to pay the fee.
How can I return the forms and payment?
The registration form, the cash or check payment, and the documents can be mailed to the address below or drop them off in our mail slot outside of the pastoral center next to St. Francis church. You can also place them in the collection at the Masses, St. Peter, and St. Francis Church. Or you can attend our in-person registration sessions dates listed above. Whatever method you choose, please make sure you label all correspondence.
ADDRESS TO MAIL OR DROP OFF PAYMENT
Pope John Paul II Pastoral Center
160 Main St. Torrington, CT 06790
c/o Jen Owens
Please do not mail in CASH. Cash payment can be put in an envelope with your child’s registration and properly labeled RELIGIOUS EDUCATION, c/o Jen Owens in the collection at the churches or placed in your packet in our mail slot found on the back porch at the pastoral center (next to St. Francis Church between City Hall and the church). All envelopes must be addressed to Jen Owens Religious Ed, and your child’s name(s) must be on them. Thank you!
At this time, you can pay for multiple students in grades K-8th at ONE TIME. However, if you have a child in the K-8th and in the Confirmation program, you will need to do a separate transaction for that payment using the same link.
EXAMPLE 1: If you're registering a child in our High School Confirmation program ONLY, one transaction is acceptable.
EXAMPLE #2: If you're registering multiple children in multiple grades but all within K thru 8, one transaction is acceptable.
EXAMPLE #3: If you're registering multiple children with a combination of K-8th and Confirmation, you can register them using one entry, but you will need to process one payment for grades K thru 8 categories first; after that payment has been processed, you can click the link again and pay for the High School Confirmation fee(s). You may sometimes experience system errors depending on the web browser you are using. Microsoft Edge seems to be a user-friendly browser.